Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yesterday was nearly perfect as far as diet and exercise are concerned. I celebrated by oversleeping. Seriously, I did my early morning cardio on the trainer, lifted weights and even played some 3 on 3 basketball with the men in my Sunday school class. Nearly perfect

Calories
When I started this project, I set my daily calorie intake between 1800 and 2300 daily. You may be questioning where I got these two numbers and why they are significant.

It takes 3500 calories to change your body by a pound. Therefore if we want to gain or lose weight, we must increase or decrease our caloric intake by this much. At this point I want to lose weight, so I want to decrease my daily intake. For me, 1800-2300 calories is a 500-1000 calorie reduction from what my body requires. Therefore I should be on track to lose 1-2 lbs. per week…if only I would stick to this guideline, but alas, all the Christmas goodies keep jumping into my mouth.

This leads us to ask what our daily caloric requirement is, but I’ve got to save something for next time.

Tomorrow is picture day, but I may skip it because of my recent failures. But then again, I have to take the good with the bad. We’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home