Friday, March 02, 2007

Journalism

I’ve been obviously struggling the past few months and not achieving any goals. I’ve been eating the right foods (mostly), lifting weights religiously, cardio a couple of times a week and curbing calories (I thought), yet nothing is changing…until-

I started keeping a good old-fashioned fitness journal on Monday. I’ve been tracking my weight lifting so that I know when to move up in weight or which weight to start with, but this journal is plain paper in a three ring binder. At the top I put the date. Below that my cardio activity and my weight training further down the page. Along the left side I write my food intake and keep a running tally of calories. I found that I was over estimating my food activity and underestimating my cardio activity. Since then, I can see that I am making progress. I’ve lost my 2 pounds this week and I believe my journal will keep me in check this weekend.

I tried to keep a tally of my calories at Fitday.com which is a wonderful site with a large food database. However, I may not be able to access the internet for any number of reasons and some of the information wasn’t being recorded. Using a pencil and paper, I always can write down what I ate and how many calories I’ve consumed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home