Thursday, March 01, 2007

What I Really Want is One of Those New Skip Ropes...

I woke up late this morning and decided instead of doing nothing, I would jump rope for 20 minutes. Understand that I am not coordinated enough to jump rope so the fight itself would get my heart rate racing (and elevate my blood pressure). I warmed up with 5 minutes of light skipping followed by alternating 1 minute of fast skipping and 1 minute of slow skipping (intervals) for an additional 15 minutes.

The result was a 20 minute workout that beat not doing anything by 200 calories plus the boost in my metabolism. It wasn't pretty to watch, but at least I didn't strangle myself with the rope.

I'm really hoping to pick up the pace of this blog. I have rediscovered a few tips and techniques that are working better for me than anything I've done in the past 4 months. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home